This contest is closed.
- Patexia is looking for an HDR mode camera that takes under exposures, the nominal exposure and over exposure pictures and combining the pictures by user selection.
Submitted documents describing this system must be:
● filed or published before 04/04/2008
● not on the known references list
- Any non-patent literature (catalogs, papers, etc.) that is published prior to 04/04/2008 and answers all the questions is acceptable.
The Patexia Case Research team has designed the following questions for a crowdsourced validity analysis ofUS8,891,955 B2 with a focus on independent claim 1.
Figure 1 shows the schematic of the process. The camera with a shutter (mechanical or electronic) with a controller has HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode which user will operate. The controller will perform bracketing by nominal exposure, under exposure, and over exposure of the picture. The shutter will combine a set of HDR images and create an image.
|1||Is the reference either a US patent filed, a foreign patent published, or a non-patent document published before April 04, 2008?||T/F|
|2||Does the reference describe a digital camera with a shutter mechanism? Note : the shutter could be mechanical (traditional) or electronic.||5|
|3||Does the camera have a high dynamic range (HDR) mode of operation selection, interface operable by a user?||5|
|4||Does the camera have a controller?||10|
|5||Does the reference further show when an HDR mode of operation is selected by the user using the HDR mode of operation selection interface, the controller computes bracketing of a nominal exposure by one or more under exposures and one or more over exposures of a scene to be photographed based on a constant aperture.||30|
|6||Does the reference further show when an HDR mode of operation is selected by the user using the HDR mode of operation selection interface, the controller causes the shutter mechanism based on a single shutter activation, to make in rapid succession the one or more under exposures, the nominal exposure and the one or more over exposure of the scene?||20|
|7||Does the reference further show the user is able to capture a set of HDR combinable images using only one selection operation by the user followed by actuation of a single shutter activation?||30|
This is a Prior Art Search contest aimed at determining if a patent idea was known and publicly available before a patent was filed.
+5 bonus points will be awarded for non-patent literature and for foreign language references.
This contest will close on Sunday, March 27th, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
Please review the Contest Rules. For more information on how to submit to this Contest type, please read the Intro to Prior Art Search page.
- All work must be original and prepared by a single author
- Maximum of one entry per person allowed
- Maximum length of 1,500 words
- Entries must be in English
- Ideas should be clearly expressed at a college-educated, non-expert level
- All submissions are subject to Patexia's contest legal terms
- Failure to follow these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest
- Advertisement in shutterbug magazine July 2011
- Sammon Rick HDR Photography Secrets for Digital Photographers Wiley 2010 Selected Pages
- Conception Rafael The HDR Book Peachpit Press 2011 Selected Pages
- Wikipedia Entry Exposure Value Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_value Accessed 7/12/2011/
- Chambers Lloyd Blog post September 2010
- Canon Website how to set the AEB shooting Http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/canon/contests/SG/EN/8200744400.html/